- Continental Resources remains the most active operator in terms of leases and continues to increase their position in the SCOOP; look for them to continue to focus their efforts both here and in the STACK.
- Canyon Creek is increasing its leasing activity in both Coal and Hughes Counties and was the top Lessor in the Arkoma STACK for the last 30 days. Here is a quick look at their leasing activity:
- WSGP continues to increase its position in the Arkoma as well.
- Completions are taking place primarily in the STACK, which remains one of the hottest areas in Oklahoma; we will continue to watch closely as oil stays above $60/bbl.
- Spacing applications are primarily taking place in the STACK and SCOOP.
- Newfield and Marathon filed significantly higher quantities of spacing applications last week.
- E2 Operating, a subsidiary of Exponent Energy, has made a large acquisition in Southern Oklahoma from Mid-Con Energy. This is a $20 MM+ deal which took place last December.
- Intents are on the rise in the STACK and SCOOP as the price of oil increases.
- Newfield saw a very large increase in both intents and increased density filings, an indication they are focusing on their assets and moving towards field drilling in 2018.
Texas Weekly Report Now Available
We’ve just started publishing a TEXAS based report. If you are interested in receiving it via email, please go to our website and update your “interests” and check “Texas Weekly Report” in the right hand corner of the footer.